Despite protests on the Asian leg of the ‘Bon This Way Ball’ Tour,’ strict age restrictions and having permits denied, Lady Gaga’s worldwide jaunt has landed at No.5 on Pollstar’s Top 50 Worldwide Tours for the first half of 2012.
Gaga has been selling out arenas since she kicked off the tour in April and if it continues to go at this pace, the ‘Born This Way Ball’ tour will become one of the highest grossing tours ever.
With Roger Waters, Bruce Springsteen, Cirque Du Soleil and Coldplay ahead of her, Gaga’s BTWB is the highest grossing female tour of the year earning an impressive $67.2 million.
Pollstar’s Top 10 Ranking Tours of 2012:
1. Roger Waters ($158.1 million)
2. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band ($79.9 million)
3. Cirque Du Soleil — Michael Jackson: IMMORTAL ($78.5 million)
4. Coldplay ($73.9 million)
5. Lady Gaga ($67.2 million)
6. Van Halen ($44.9 million)
7. Drake ($42.6 million)
8. Madonna ($42.1 million)
9. Paul McCartney ($40.1 million)
10. Cirque Du Soleil — Alegria ($38 million)