London 2012 Summer Olympics Closing Ceremony: What We Know So Far
The London 2012 Summer Olympic Games comes to a close on August 12th and during the two-hour closing ceremony themed “A Symphony of British Music,” Stratford’s Olympic Stadium will be graced by some of the biggest names in British music.
Here’s what we know so far:
• The Spice Girls will perform ‘Wannabe’ atop black taxicabs.
• Jessie J will perform in a convertible Rolls Royce.
• Ed Sheeran will perform ‘Wish You were Here’ with the members of Pink Floyd.
• Tinie Tempah will perform.
• Paul McCartney will perform a Beatles classic.
• A pregnant Adele will perform ‘Someone Like You.’
• Russell Brand will perform on top of a bus.
• Muse will make the debut performance of ‘Survival,’ which was written specifically for the Olympic Games.
• One Direction has been allotted a 5-minute slot and will perform ‘What Makes You Beautiful.’ “It’s all hush-hush and the boys have been sworn to secrecy,” said a source. “But they’ve been at rehearsals and can’t wait to do their bit. It will be an unforgettable occasion and they feel privileged to be a part of it.”
The closing ceremony will begin at 9 P.M. (4 P.M. ET) at the Olympic Stadium. During the ceremony, the Olympic flame will be extinguished and the torch handed to Rio De Janeiro, which will hos the 2016 Games.